As a volunteer you will perform all duties on a voluntary basis and you will not receive remuneration or payment for your work – neither the Organization or the Volunteer intend any employment or contractual relationship to be created i.e. you are not an employee, independent contractor or consultant at the Organization.
In the event that is an opportunity for paid work, the Organization will discuss the documentation (a formal employment contract, contract for services or other arrangement)for that.
The Organization values its volunteers and will endeavour to provide you with:
● Description, written and verbal, of your position so that you understand your role and the tasks you’re authorised to do.
● Orientation and all the training necessary for the volunteer position.
● A safe environment in which to perform your role.
● Respect for your privacy, including keeping your information confidential.
● A contact person
The Organization expects that all Volunteers will;
● Support the Organization‘s goals and objectives and do everything in their power to promote and achieve them.
● Participate in all orientation and training programs.
● Only undertake duties you’re authorized to carry out and always operate under the direction and supervision of nominated staff or and obey reasonable directions and instructions.
● Understand and comply with the Organization’s policies and procedures i.e. Human Resource Policy, Employment Equity, Child Protection Policy etc.
● Behave appropriately and be courteous to all staff, students and any other party or parties the Organization has relations with.
● Notify the organisation 2 weeks in advance if you wish to change the nature of your contribution.
● Be open and honest in all dealings with the Organization.
● Comply with local laws at all times.
Upon the expiry date of this agreement, the agreement between the Organization and the Volunteer will come to an end and neither party intends for a contractual or employment relationship to be created.
The Organization will not reimburse the Volunteer for any out-of-pocket expenses the Volunteer may incur in order to carry out the tasks related to the Volunteer position; the Volunteer agrees to take on all financial responsibilities related to the position.
At the discretion of the Organization’s management, any violation of the expectations outlined below may lead to the termination of your volunteer position with the Organization;
I agree to maintain the confidential information of the organization.
I understand that all activities and reporting conducted while volunteering is associated with the Organization and must be mentioned and credited in all media presentations, including but not specific to written articles, television, or film.
Any publicity in association with this project must be approved directly through the Organization’s communications department. Do not speak with media unless authorized by the Organization.
I agree to provide the Organization with a copy of any pictures taken at the Organization related events.
I agree not to post any photos, video or writing on the internet that is Organization-related (including Facebook, personal blogs). This does not include sharing or linking media content that originated from the Organization (e.g. sharing the Organization’s Facebook post/photo).
As a condition of volunteering, I give permission for the Organization to conduct a background check on me, which may include a review of sex offender registries, child abuse, and criminal activity records.
I understand that, if appointed, my position is conditional upon the Organization receiving no inappropriate information on my background. I hereby release and agree to hold harmless from liability to the Organization, the employees and volunteers thereof, or any person or organization that may provide such information.
By accepting Terms and Conditions, you have acknowledged that you have read this Volunteer Terms and have had an opportunity to ask questions.
I hereby grant to the Organization, and its authorized agents, vendors, officers, directors, employees, licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, world-wide right and license to use, reproduce, display, perform, edit, create derivative works of, and distribute, in whole or in part, any photographs and/or recordings taken by me during activities sponsored by the Organization, for any purpose, in any and all manner or media now known or hereinafter developed.